[Patch] Catch filesystems lacking s_bdi

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Fri Apr 23 16:55:19 EDT 2010

On Fri, 23 April 2010 12:05:32 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> So it's probably safe and good enough as-is, I'll add it. Thanks!

I cannot see this patch in your tree yet.  Could be the weekend or a
deliberate decision not to send this for 2.6.34-rc anymore.

In case it was a deliberate decision, can we please make it explicit?  I
don't like the idea of adding a BUG_ON() that potentially triggers for
thousands of people this late in the stabilization process - but it is
better than having people lose data.  Even if we already ran two stable
kernels that way.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :(

Jörn

--
Time? What's that? Time is only worth what you do with it.
-- Theo de Raadt