old and new ubi utilities

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Fri Mar 13 11:57:02 EDT 2009

Hi Frank, Andreas,

long time ago for various reasons (many of which I do not remember) I
decided not to use the ubi utilities implemented by you, but to re-write
them and create new ubi utilities.

When I implemented the new ubi utilities, I moved the old ones to
	mtd-utils/ubi-utils/old-utils/
This caused criticism and I had to return the old utilities back, and
put my new utilities to
	mtd-utils/ubi-utils/new-utils.

It seems that nowadays the old ubi utilities are unused and
unmaintained. And I've got a question from Sidney if it would be
possible to change the MTD repository layout and move the new utilities
	mtd-utils/ubi-utils
and old utilities to
	mtd-utils/ubi-utils/old-utils
just like I have originally done.

So, will you mind if I do this, taking into account that the old
utilities are not widely used and not maintained?

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)