Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1]

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Jul 30 17:40:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 04:22:19PM -0500, E Robertson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Daniel Mack<daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
> > Could you try running the torture test from drivers/mtd/tests? Which
> > platform is that? Are you sure you're running the NAND chip well inside
> > its timing specs? Does the flash access work from the bootloader?
> >
> > I recently had similar trouble which disappeared after I switched off
> > CPU frequency scaling.
> >

> I see these tests but I'm not sure how they're used. is their a doc for these?

The come as kernel module, just insmod them and pass at least the 'dev'
param to specify the mtd device you want them to run on. See the first
couple of lines in the individual source files for a full list of
parameters you can use.

If the torture test doesn't complain about anything, it's certainly the
jffs2 people's call.

Daniel