UBIFS Corrupt during power failure

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Thu Jul 16 03:14:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 21:55 +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> So I guess the right thing is to assume nothing, just that the whole
> block may have bits flipped from 1 to 0 in an indeterminate order, and
> then all bits flipped from 0 to 1 in an indeterminate order.

Yes, agree. This should be fine if we have invalidated the magic
numbers in the headers.

> Or maybe the weaker assumption, that the whole block is indeterminate
> during erase.

If we assume this, then we have to introduce a kind of "journal", where
we write "erase start"/"erase end" markers. This is doable, but I
wouldn't go for this unless there is a real case.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)