UBIFS Corrupt during power failure
Eric_Holmberg at Trimble.com
Wed Jul 15 17:35:09 EDT 2009
> > I will run 4 boards through torture tests starting tonight
> and let you
> > know later this week! Based upon the errors that I've seen
> and looking
> > at the patch, I think that should solve the problem.
> > Great work guys!
> Yeah :-)
> I've been holding off trying UBI on NOR. Now it's looking
> more tempting :-)
Test Results - PASS
I just finished a test run of 3 boards with a total of 8104 power cycles
during read/modify/write operations on UBIFS. The system cuts power
randomly after mounting the UBIFS image while performing read/write file
operations on the UBIFS root file system.
I experienced 0 failures. Typically, I was getting less than 100 cycles
* 2.6.27-rc9 kernel
* UBIFS patches up to July 10
* CFI Write buffer size limited to 8 bytes (NOR chip supports 32 bytes)
* No power cycling during mount
* Anybody: Add support to UBI/UBIFS to allow for block-write sizes
greater than 8 bytes
* Test with power failures during deferred recovery
Thanks for everybody's help so far! I will hopefully get a chance to
setup the power-failures during deferred recovery this weekend.
More information about the linux-mtd