how to disable jffs2

Aras Vaichas arasv at magtech.com.au
Fri Jan 23 00:08:28 EST 2009

Hi, I want to update a root filing system which is jffs2 on NAND.

If I just go ahead and erase then nandwrite to my nand I tend to get
random errors which sometimes cause failures..

I posted details of this earlier, but did not get a reply:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2009-January/024311.html

Is it possible to somehow switch off the jffs2 on the root partition so
I can reflash the chip?

If I re-mount the rootfs as read-only, is the jffs2 still able to write
to the nand chip?

Aras