Is there a 64-bits version of flash_eraseall for 8GB nand

Shaohui Xie b21989 at freescale.com
Mon Dec 7 02:00:39 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have a Powerpc mpc5125 board, it has a 8GB nand on it. When I use user space tool falsh_eraseall to erase the whole nand chip, I found the tool can not erase the space over 4GB. I did some search and found a patch "use new 64-bit ioctls + sysfs to support >4GiB devices" at http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/25583/, I patched this patch to mtd-utils and rebuilt it, when I run the new flash_eraseall on my board I got error messages:"./flash_eraseall: /dev/mtd0: MTD Erase failure: Inappropriate ioctl for device". Does anybody know whether there is a 64-bits version of flash_eraseall or any other tools can erase 8GB nand or not? Any idea will be appreciated.

Here are details of the nand flash and log:
Page size: 4k+218bytes
Block size: 1M

#cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 1ff300000 00100000 "filesystem-nand"

2009-12-07

Best Regards,
Shaohui Xie