Looks like a UBIFS bug... - Solved

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 02:33:41 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 17:04 +1100, Iwo Mergler wrote:
> Iwo Mergler wrote:
> > Iwo Mergler wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've got some weird UBIFS-related behaviour. I'd welcome
> >> any suggestions.
> >>

> Turns out that the same script that was erasing the partition,
> creating ubifs, etc. was invoked a second time in the background.
>
> I can't blame UBIFS for not surviving some random FLASH erasure
> during operation. :-)
>
> Sorry about the noise.

Yeah, UBI has protection for this, i.e. you cannot write anything
directly to the UBI device if it is mounted. MTD devices do not have any
protection, and you can do arbitrary modifications while FS is mounted.
This is flexible, but more error prone.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)