Unale to get MTD device info

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Aug 24 05:50:02 EDT 2009

Hi Mohan,

That was really very helpful..

After doing this i am nw able to erase flash.

Few doubts:

I thought Flashes are block devices. How come we treat this as char
devices? Why should we treat as char device?

why minor mumber should be incremented by  2?

What happens when we do a mknod /dev/mtd0 c 90 0?

Do we need to do anything with the /dev/mtdblock0 while erasing and
reflashing ?

Thanks
Rahanesh