Unale to get MTD device info

Radha Mohan radhamohan_ch at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 03:18:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

Create char mtd devices

mknod /dev/mtd0 c 90 0
mknod /dev/mtd1 c 90 2
..
Note that the minor number increments by 2.
Before that you will need to confirm whether CONFIG_MTD_CHAR is set in your kernel or not. This will enable char device access
to your mtdblock device. Or else you will not be able to write to mtd0 char device.

You can erase and copy anything to the mtd devices. You can use "flashcp" from the mtd-utils. Else you can write your own code to write to
the flash. You can take help of the flashcp code in mtd-utils.

-- Mohan