only the last 2 files/folders exist after umount yaffs2 filesystem

zhang y hitwmt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 01:22:07 EDT 2008

hi there

I am using yaffs2 under linux 2.6.9 on EP9302 board, and there is a
samsung nand flash K9F2G08(256M, 2k+64) on the board.

Now I can mount yaffs2 and create, delete file and folder, but when I
umount and then mount it again, I can only find the last two
file/folder there.

for example:

#mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt
#cd /mnt
#ls
lost_found
#mkdir 1 2 3 4        <=============here, I create 4 folders
#ls
lost-found 1 2 3 4
#cd ..
#umount /mnt

Now I will re-mount the yaffs2
#mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt
#ls /mnt
lost_found 3 4       <=============here, I can only get the last two folder

and, I have try many times and got the same appearance,The filesystem
just only save the last 2 files/folders on my board.

btw, I have use jffs2 on the board, it works well except the bad speed.

So, anybody can give me some advice? I will really appreciate that!

Thanks in advance!

zhang y