fclose in JFFS2 7 YAFFS2 sometimes takes 7 seconds

Michael Meriin meriinm at marvell.com
Sun Sep 28 09:43:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

We are running Linux kernel 2.6.25 on ARM.
In two different platforms we are using almost the same code. But on one platform we are using JFFS2 and on the other platform YAFFS. On both platforms used ONENand Flash.
In both cases we have some process that periodically, every several seconds, updates some short (300 bytes) file.
The problem is that several times a day (1-2, in some load conditions even more times) it takes 7 seconds to perform fclose system call.
What can be the reasons for such behavior? Can it be FS garbage collection?

Best Regards,
              Michael Meriin