Accessing CF in memory mode

Michel Wilson michel at crondor.net
Mon Sep 8 08:22:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently developing an embedded system with a CF card as storage for the
file system. I understand that mtd should normally not be used with a CF card,
since they work in IDE mode. However, I still would like to use a flash
filesystem on the card, so that the wear will be lower. From the CF specs I
understand that it's possible to use the CF card in 'PC Card Memory Mode'. How
do I achieve this, and is my assumption correct that I'll be able to use
pcmciamtd to access the card in mtd mode? Is the only way to enable memory
mode plugging the card in a pcmcia slot or adapter?
(I'm not subscribed, so please be so kind to cc me)

Regards,

Michel Wilson.
Michel Wilson     michel at crondor.net
PGP key ID        0xD2CB4B7E