bus access for NAND parts

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:54:00 EDT 2008

I've been looking at interfacing a raw NAND device to a PXA270 and
have the following questions.  It seems that most devices simply use a
chip select for CE.  What is the mechanism that prevents the NAND
driver from getting pre-empted and another device access toggling the
read/write stobes and messing up the NAND cycle while the NAND chip
select is still low?  I see memory barriers that should prevent out of
order issues, but I've not located any mechanism yet for preventing a
separate device access from interfering with the NAND access.

Thanks,
Cliff