JFFS2 losing dirs/files on NAND flash

Marco Braga marco.braga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 03:42:20 EDT 2008

2008/10/28 Lakshmi N. Sundararajan - PTU <lakshmi.s at promise.com>:
> When you expose any electronic storage device to radiation of any kind,
> then bit flips can definetely happen.

But then, why millions of mp3 players, secure digital and multimedia
cards, usb keys, etc. survive x-ray scans at airports? Might this have
something related to the shape and material of the product enclosure?
Our produce has a tubolar, cylindrical shape containing the
electronics.

> But instead I would suggest to think more on easily reproduceable
> software defined methods. That will ensure one can see a problem
> and ultimately a fix to the problem. Otherwise, this will be treated
> as a ozone hole and none will be interested!

Yes, I understand that it is difficult to belive. The point is still
that it happened to our product and I'd be very happy to fix it. The
point is to find out if anyone with experience in JFFS2 better than
mine can help out with this.

Thanks!