[RFC] ubi: tmp hack for lstat

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Mon Oct 20 08:57:14 EDT 2008

>>>>> "Artem" == Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org> writes:

Hi,

 Artem> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:11 +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
 >> I'm actually not sure what the expected behavior is. stat() returns
 >> information about a file and ubi isn't a regular file it is a character
 >> node. So it would be probably better to leave everything as it and
 >> change userspace instead.

 Artem> In my understanding, stat() should return how many bytes of
 Artem> data inode contains. Stat on a character device should return
 Artem> amount of bytes the character device inode contain. In ext3
 Artem> major/minor are stored as meta-data, so it returns 0.

Exactly. The normal way to know the size of these things is to open
them and do the lseek(fd, 0, SEEK_END) thing.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard