[RFC] ubi: tmp hack for lstat

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Mon Oct 20 05:21:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:11 +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> I'm actually not sure what the expected behavior is. stat() returns
> information about a file and ubi isn't a regular file it is a character
> node. So it would be probably better to leave everything as it and
> change userspace instead.

In my understanding, stat() should return how many bytes of data inode
contains. Stat on a character device should return amount of bytes the
character device inode contain. In ext3 major/minor are stored as
meta-data, so it returns 0.

Yes, I also think it is better if you amend your user-space application.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)