MTD How-to?

Ravi Vasarla ravi.vasarla at sasken.com
Tue Oct 7 00:05:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Please check with weather given flash chip is supports the jedec probe
and command sets. Since it quite older probe and command set method, now
the most of the chip sets supports the CFI probe and cfi command sets 1,
2 or 3.
 Please write the simple probe functions which consist of probe and
device add api and see the proc entry or konsole message for that. And
also please verify weather it driver registered or not. If have any
problem please provide the details of chip set and the flow of the code
so that can understand the problem easily.

Regards,
Ravi