[UBI] UFFS : Unified Flash File System

Liu Hui onlyflyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 20:30:57 EST 2008

This is interesting. I have some questions about UFFS:
1)UFFS can work both with bare flash(MTD or UBI) and FTL(as a block
device), how do you organize the metadata of UFFS(log-structured?).
2)As we know, bare flash and FTL provide very different interfaces for
FS. For MTD, FS should do garbage collection, wear leveling, bad block
management by itself; For UBI, FS should also do garbage collection
and wear leveling; and for FTL, FS just treat flash as block device.
What will UFFS do to treat all of kind of interfaces? Will UFFS
provide different strategy for different interfaces?

--
Thanks & Best Regards
Liu Hui