--pad option [NAND Flash: Pagesize 0x800; eraseblocksize=0x20000]

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Mon May 26 04:11:06 EDT 2008

Hello
I have a huge problem concerning the mtd-tools:

I use makefs.jffs2 to create an image. I mount the Image and write to
it, add files. Then I umount it and mount it again:
"empty flash at [address] ends at [address]"

This is because:
mkfs.jffs2 or nandwrite uses a --pad option wich fills the image with 0xFF.

If I write to the image via Linux, a page is written completly with
appended 0x00 !!!!!

So what could I do - I must append 0x00 with the --pad option not 0xFF

Linux isn?t comkptable eith the mtd-utils at the moment....

Thank you for your help