NOR MTD map driver up and running but name coming as NULL

Divyanshu Verma dverma at broadcom.com
Mon Jun 30 04:37:15 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am able to bring up NOR flash succsfully. The reason for the error was
2.6.14.2 not supporting  query version 1.4.
Anyway it is working fine and I can see the partitions on # cat
/proc/mtd.

Now for testing that device is it required that I need to put some fime
system on it, say jffs?
Also  on  doing cat /proc/mtd, I can see the partition names appearing
as "<NULL>" and not the ones that I declared in my map driver inside
instance of struct mtd_partitions

Following are my declarations and I aspire to see names as "BOOT" and
"Linux-Image".

Any help will be highly appreciated.

static struct mtd_partition BCM5892_nand_partition [] = {
{
        .name           = "BOOT",
        .offset         = 0,
        .size           = 0x0001000,