CRC failed error,when mounting JFFS2

Aneesh aneesh_g at cms.com
Thu Jun 26 07:31:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,
        When i am trying to mount jffs2  i am getting an error like
follows

 JFFS2 error: (268) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: CRC failed for
read_inode of inode 2 at physical location 0x0
Returned error for crccheck of ino #2. Expect badness...
JFFS2 error: (268) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: CRC failed for
read_inode of inode 3 at physical location 0x790104
Returned error for crccheck of ino #3. Expect badness...

 i have two partitions .I am using mtd1 partition  for data storage
(mtd0 is not using)
steps i did
1) erased the flash
    ##### ./flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd1
2) mounted jffs2
   ##### mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /database/
then i written to  this parallel flash. i created a text file and a
folder
3)unmounted
    umount /database
4)again i tried to mount then  above error is coming

My parallel flash is  AT49BV642D. I am using 2.6.21 kernel.

can anybody give a suggestion?

Regards
Aneesh