Problem on recognise the CFI flash chip

Divyanshu Verma dverma at broadcom.com
Sat Jun 21 09:59:14 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am trying to detect NOR Flash (MTS29WS512 by Micron) on our SOC.  It
supports CFI and hence I am trying to use  "do_map_probe()", to detect
it. But it is returning NULL  and then comes out without detecting it.
 My NOR location starts at 0x30000000 and not at 0x0000000, so I get the
message "CFI: Found no BCM5892_CS1_NAND device at location zero", during
following code execution.

 if (!genprobe_new_chip(map, cp, &cfi)) {
  /* The probe didn't like it */
  printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: Found no %s device at location zero\n",
cp->name, map->name);
return NULL;

I kindly request someone to answer this and provide right pointer so
that  I can proceed further. Kind of stuck from past three days:-(.

thanks and regards,
Divyanshu