mtd block readonly low level nand driver cramfs

Max Stirling vicky.irobot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 04:42:32 EST 2008

Hi,

This might sound quite basic question. This is the first time I am
looking into the MTD code so have some really basic questions.

I am trying to mount a read only fs (cramfs) on the flash. Please let me
know if the following steps are right:

1. Enabled the following in the Kconfig files
    CONFIG_MTD_PARITIONS
    CONFIG_MTD
    CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK_RO
    CONFIG_MTD_NAND
    CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS

After booting the compiled kernel I am able to see the mtdblock under
/proc/devices using 31 Major number.

Now for me to mount the cramfs image that is on the flash I need to
provide the low level nand driver code. This I need to write but before
starting that can any one point me to a reference nand driver code that
is used for read only mount? Which functionality would the MTD require
to be implemented for mounting a cramfs image which is on the flash.

Would appreciate any pointers to how to get started off with this.

thanks in advance for the reply.

M.S