ubifs: can't mount ubifs as rootfs

Nancy nancydreaming at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:25:34 EST 2008

On 2/20/08, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 23:00 +0800, Nancy wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >         As you can see at last, ubifs can't mount ubifs as rootfs,
> > why? How can I make it right?
> >         same kernel image, just different kernel command line.
>
> I think you do not have this patch:
>
> http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.22.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c04728f3cb585f1e0b3df4f0ae2aec1bf73e392;hp=aad43553d81d1b79f64cde3c81b71bfc3036d098
>
> You probably use old UBIFS. Keep in mind, it is constantly developed so
> you should always try the latest one if you have problems.
>
> There are 2.6.22, 2.6.23, and 2.6.24 ubifs backports BTW,
> see http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_source
>
> AFAIR you use 2.6.22, so here it is:
>
> git://git.infradead.org/~dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.22.git
>
> Just download it - it has all the need patches. But I encourage you to
> use the lates development tree.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)

    Thank you very much sir !!!
    I will encourage my project manager to use the latest development tree  :- )
    You are someone I admire the most, not only the elegant code,
normative code comments and design documents ( that's rare in
opensource), but also .....oh, how to say in english ( my poor
english! )
    I will improve my english skill.
    How to become a programmer like you? Could you give me some suggestion?

--
Best wishes,
Nancy