ubi-utils: Moving mkpfi, pfiflash, ... to old-tools

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 18 11:53:24 EST 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:49:03 +0100
Frank Haverkamp <haver at vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 17:01 +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > I did not update for some time, but did now and noticed that my
> > packaging scripts need a real overhaul for no benefit.
> >

> I talked to Artem. He told me that the tools had deficiencies that
> prevented him using them. E.g. that he could not put the vid-hdr the
> offset he wanted it to put. He promissed me to write up the deficiencies
> so that we can work on them. I am sure that after fixing, we can move
> the tools back to their old location.

I have a patch for the vid header thing.  I also have a patch for
bin2nand/nand2bin since they are hard coded to use the SmartMedia ECC
byte ordering.

> Of course it would be nice, if we could move the tools back even before
> the fixup, to avoid changing our build scripts. Let us discuss that with
> Artem tomorrow.

I'm a bit grumpy about the move as well, not because they were moved,
but because there's a dozen or so completely useless commits in the
repo.  But, oh well.

josh