CONFIG_MTD_UBI_DEBUG_DISABLE_BGT=y corrupts slab?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Dec 10 05:41:54 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 23:25 -0800, Don Mullis wrote:
> With CONFIG_MTD_UBI_DEBUG_DISABLE_BGT=y, I get various corruption-caused
> OOPSes after a remount:
>
>    # umount /cache
>    # mount -t ubifs  -o ro ubi:cache /cache

Hmm, I ran integrity test on UBIFS and had this UBI config option
enabled (as well ass emulate write and erase errors options enabled)
yesterday, and it worked fine - not slab problems and UBI was able to
recover from all errors, so the integrity check test worked fine.

But that was the latest UBIFS from the ubifs-2.6.git tree.

> I'm using a 2.6.25 kernel with the 100+ UBIFS-related patches from
> kernel.org back-ported into it, so some mismatch there is possible.

We have UBI/UBIFS backport trees, could you try ubifs-v2.6.26.git
please? It has all the UBI/UBIFS patches back-ported. Or you may just
take the patches from ubifs-v2.6.26.git and apply them to your tree.
Please, glance here:

http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_source

--
Best regards,