About MLC Nand Driver

falls huang falls.huang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:33:27 EDT 2007

Hello ysliu !

   I have successfully run Samsung's MLC nand flash in my linux board
with yaffs2/mtd , but the performance is low because the nand flash
driver that I wrote didn't support  two-plane page program .   You can
search this mailing list ,I have asked the tow-plane page program
problem several months ago.

  Besides yaffs2/mtd ,  you can alse purchase the samsung's RFS(Robust
Nandflash filesystem) , RFS supports MLC  and its performance is
excellect ( I heard from the samsung's guy but I never use RFS) .
  At last, why do u need to support a bare MLC nand flash chip?  for
BOM price ? You can just use a SD card in your product, it's simple
but the BOM will raise.

On 9/20/07, Yongsheng Liu <ysliu at sirf.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was planing to get kernel supporting MLC Nand Flash. Any one of you
> guys has known something about this? Or is there anyone else planing
> this as well? Please give me comments on this, any comments will be
> appreciated.
>
> Best Regards
> YS Lau

Regards