Yet Another UBI Question

Vinit Agnihotri vinit.agnihotri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:06:44 EST 2007

Agree but What I mean is instead of implementing cdev & FTL on it.
Why not to implement block device for a volume in the first place.
ofcourse this block device will also have abilities of upadate, read/write.

Stacking is good approach but then stacking will causes performance degrade,
as we'll be emulating block device over a character device. But if we
can avoid it, we'll get performance improvements
& also widesread use of UBI as any FS could be put on UBI volumes with
no efforts.
User should not be given additional & complex task of writing FTL just
to put his FS on top of UBI volume.

Am I clearing my doubt enough?
--Vinit.

--
Life is so short. So, follow some rules. Forgive quickly, believe
slowly, love truly, laugh loudly & never avoid anything that makes U