Yet Another UBI Question

Vinit Agnihotri vinit.agnihotri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 04:24:29 EST 2007

Hi,
As a part of work I have work with UBI & character drivers i.e. cdev.c in UBI.
Can we think of implementing block device drivers instead of cdev to
implement volume?
That way we'll not be needing any block emulation layer on top of
volume cdev & user will be able to
put any file system on top of it.
Will it complicate volume management or wear levelling anyway????

--Vinit.

On Oct 25, 2007 4:09 AM, Johnson, Charles F <charles.f.johnson at intel.com> wrote:
>  Is there exist yet a block driver which sits on top of UBI so that you
> could use one of the traditional file systems such as ext3 or vfat?
>

> Charles Johnson
> Ultra-Mobility Group
> Platform Software Engineering
> Intel Corporation
> charles.f.johnson at intel.com

Life is so short. So, follow some rules. Forgive quickly, believe
slowly, love truly, laugh loudly & never avoid anything that makes U
smile.