How to map nand chip ?

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Thu Nov 15 16:44:15 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Carlos Munoz wrote:

> When I load the nand driver module, the nand chip is detected correctly
> but it seems all the erase blocks are bad. I wonder if it's caused by
> the wrong timings when accessing the nand chip. However, the
> manufacturer and chip id are read correctly. Does anyone know what may
> be the cause for these errors ?

The timing requirements when reading chip id's are not as severe as when
actually accessing the memory, so if you are just below the limit, you can
get the id ok but other things fail.

Another thing that can cause this is if the ready/busy-pin is not read
properly by the chip driver. Again, the chip will probably respond quickly
to an id request, but when reading or writing the memory array, the access
times will be longer causing failure.

/Ricard