RO jffs2 implementation for bootloader

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri May 4 07:53:42 EDT 2007

Hi Matthieu,

On Friday 04 May 2007 11:55, Matthieu CASTET wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 08:40 +0000, Matthieu CASTET wrote:
> >> I need to mount a jffs2 partition in a bootloader. I tried u-boot that
> >> support jffs2, but it is very slow (2 minutes for mounting a 64MB
> >> partition). Do you know if there are other (fast) implemenation of jffs2
> >> suitable for a bootloader ?
> >
> > Not sure about any existing "fast" implementation, but mounting a JFFS2
> > partition is about scanning whole partition. You may optimize some
> > thing, but you have to scan anyway.
>
> Well u-boot implementation is very slow. For 64MB partition : 2 minutes
> for u-boot

This really is slow. 64MB isn't that big and shouldn't take that long to
mount.

> and 11 s for linux (3s with summary).

So it can be done better.

Did you think about improving the performance in U-Boot? If so, please let's
move this discussion to the u-boot-users mailing list.

Thanks.

BTW: What cpu at what speed are you using?

Best regards,
Stefan