[Patch 15/18] fs/logfs/super.c

Willy Tarreau w at 1wt.eu
Sun Jun 10 15:20:16 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:10:15PM +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:

> I don't think logfs on block devices makes too much sense yet, so my
> personal priority for this is low.  Still, an obvious improvement.

I see it as a good candidate to replace JFFS2 on CompactFlash. That
one is becoming painfully slow with nowadays' smallest devices (around
64..128 MB). But since it considerably reduces the number of writes,
and it can transparently compress, it's still worth using it in some
environments.

Regards,
Willy