[Patch 05/18] fs/logfs/logfs.h

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sun Jun 3 17:50:55 EDT 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Jörn Engel wrote:
> +/**
> + * struct logfs_device_ops - device access operations
> + *
> + * @read:                      read from the device
> + * @write:                     write to the device
> + * @erase:                     erase part of the device
> + */
> +struct logfs_device_ops {
> +       int (*read)(struct super_block *sb, loff_t ofs, size_t len, void *buf);
> +       int (*write)(struct super_block *sb, loff_t ofs, size_t len, void *buf);
> +       int (*erase)(struct super_block *sb, loff_t ofs, size_t len);
> +};

I wonder if there is a way to document the prototypes of these function
pointers with kerneldoc, other than having a typedef for each.

What brought me to this point is that I first assumed they would return
the number of bytes transferred, like read/write file operations, where
your functions return zero on success.

	Arnd <><