OneNAND: read-while-load (known problem)

Kyungmin Park kyungmin.park at samsung.com
Mon Jan 8 03:13:29 EST 2007

Hi Adrian,

> Do you think there could be a problem with onenand_check_bufferram also?

No, onenand_check_bufferram & onenand_update_bufferram is right.

In DDP, actually there's 4 bufferrams

Chip 0: 0, 1
Chip 1: 0, 1

In case read from chip 0 to chip 1, first send command at chip 0: 0 or 1, next we also send command at chip 1: 1 or 0, repectively,
in that case. second command will be failed.
To fix this problem, we add some code to check chip boundary condition in DDP. but it's overhead since there's no usage in current MTD

I think it is best way we send the read buffer with block aligned.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park