[PATH] NAND Flash support for Intel IXP4xx platform

Ruslan V. Sushko rsushko at ru.mvista.com
Mon Apr 30 03:36:42 EDT 2007

Thomas,

I have tried to fit driver's functionality into common platform
structures. Unfortunately the device hasn't NAND controller and some
signals (ALE/CLE(pins on data bus) and CS(gpio)) are driven in custom
way. Current platform structures have not enough fields to carry
platform dependent data for this driver without hack (I guess use fields
not used in driver but designed for other things is not good idea).
Additionally due to device haven't NAND controller future version of
board may change the way which is used to drive CS signal, So I move
this functionality completely to hardware dependent part of driver (sent
to LAKML)

Thank you,
Ruslan