[PATH] NAND Flash support for Intel IXP4xx platform

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sat Apr 28 17:02:31 EDT 2007

Ruslan,

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 17:42 +0400, Ruslan V. Sushko wrote:
> > How excatly is this functionally different from the generic write_buf
> > function in nand_base.c ?
> >
> This function should be removed. It was different for originally. ALE
> and CLE signal assertion was herre, but I decide this functionality is
> not necessary for data writing, so I've remove that, but forget to check
> remainder with generic code.

I did a review and pointed this out. No need for lengthy explanaitions.
Just remove it.

> > Aside of that I agree with Lennert, that we really need to get around
> > and make this real platform code.
> >
> Sorry don't understand
> Do you propose to move all these (especially hw_ctrl function)
> functionality to platform/arch code?

That's what Lennert said. And I agree. Many of the drivers just differ
in the hardware control function and the pyhsical address where the
device is located.

We have already platform support for NAND:

See include/linux/mtd/nand.h:

struct platform_nand_chip / struct platform_nand_ctrl

As far as I can tell, there is everything covered what you need for a
generic platform driver.

Again. Lennert is right and another post of your driver does not change
anything unless you listen to his and my advise.

	tglx