Problem with developing Samsung K9F1G08U0A MTD driver

z l zql at glomationinc.com
Thu Oct 5 19:28:15 EDT 2006

> It was in your previous offlist mail to my
> _BUSINESS_ mail address, when
> you tried to get _FREE_ help from me. I pointed you
> to that URL in my
> answer:

If I was able to subsribe to the mailing list I would
never write to you directly.  I already explained to
you about it in my e-mail.  My main objective in that
e-mail was to find out how I can subsrible with the
web page not available and my previous attempts of
subsribing by e-mail all failed.

> Ah, if the community is ready to please your
> expectations you are
> willing to use a community kernel.
It has nothing to do with pleasing or not.  Would you
use something that is broken?

> Go and blame Cirrus for their unwillingness to work
> with the community.
Maybe they are not actively involved in the
development of latest kernel, but their code is open
and available for anyone to pick and use.

> Guess who put support for their CPU's into mainline:
> community people
> without _ANY_ help from Cirrus.
I have great respect for people putting their effort
to make this happen.

> This code was written by people with a trust in the
> "Do ut des" basics
> of Open Source and you sit there and wait until we
> have done all the
> work, so you can have your benefit ?
If there is something I can contribute I would love
to. If I know half of what you know about Linux, I
would be here coding day and night.

> Should I really take your "unintentional" excuse
> serious ? No way, you
> just disguised yourself.
I do not need to disguise anything.

> If the commmunity supported kernel lacks support of
> device drivers you
> are interested in, then you can add it. You are
> welcome and you will get
> all the help we can provide.
Again, if I can of any help, I would.

> You use code, which I can not look into and I'm not
> interested to give
> witchcraft debugging aid.
The Cirrus Logic release is open source.  You can
download it from arm.cirrus.com if you care to take a
look.

zl