Upgrading mtd-utils in uClinux.

Glen Johnson gjohnson at valcom.com
Tue Nov 28 09:09:10 EST 2006

Linux-mtd,
I am attempting to compile the latest mtd-utils into uClinux's distribution dated 2006-08-03.  After some unsuccessful attempts I found the new mtd-utils needed an updated zlib.  I successfully upgraded to zlib version 1.2.3 inside uClinux-dist/lib/zlib.  I now have that compiling and still am not getting anywhere with compiling the mtd-utils.
I dropped the latest mtd-utils code into the directory uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils.  I have observed the Makefiles between the new updated mtd-utils and the old uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils/Makefile are VERY different.  I tried to use the old Makefile as a template to build the new code and it still is not compiling.
What is the correct method of upgrading mtd-utils?  It shouldn't be as difficult to upgrade some code in user space as I am making it.  I feel like I must be going about this the wrong way.  Are there any pointers, tips, or recommendations to get me going in the right direction?

Thanks,
Glen Johnson