Mkfs.jffs2.c:68:21: sys/acl.h: No such file or directory

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Nov 15 05:23:07 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> The access control list(ACL) enables higher flexible access control

Thanks for the clarification.

> I don't oppose that you like to make the mkfs.jffs2 configurable.
> But it is not certain whether you don't need to enable the ACL feature
> _only_, or the whole of xattr feature.
> 'HAVE_ACL' is misnamed, if you intend to disable the whole of xattr
> feature. Or, the scope of disabling is wrong, if you intend to disable
> the ACL feature only.
> In addition, it is a bit messy to require modifying the source code
> to enable or disable xattr feature.

I agree totally. The patch I submitted was a quick fix to get it to
work in our environment, without really knowing what was going on.

> The attached patch enable mkfs.jffs2 to be configurable without any
> modification of source code.

After I submitted the patch I too was thinking about extending
configuration to the Makefile.

Your patch is obviously much better. I think it would be nice if it were
included in the mtd-utils tree.

/Ricard