region_info_user and otp_info

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 7 06:45:09 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 09:20 +0530, Anand Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>        I am new bee to MTD user land,
>
>       1)  Iam not getting what region information refers to in MTD?

Some chips have multiple erase regions.  These regions can have
eraseblocks of different size than the rest of the chip.  That is what
the structure is reporting.

>     2) I did'nt get the purpose of the below strucuture defined and its
> usage ?

OTP stands for One Time Programmable.  Some chips have an area that is
only writable once.  It can be used to store serial numbers, or whatever
you'd like to store as long as you only need to write that information a
single time.  That is what this structure is referring to.

josh