Intel P30 flash support MTD 2.4.16 kernel

Simon Vogl vogl at soft.uni-linz.ac.at
Sat May 27 06:06:36 EDT 2006

Thomas,

>>I found out this minute that this could apply to my pxa271 core (with
>>on-chip p30 flash!)
>>as well - it reports the sim.op. bit, while the data sheet says no.
>>Could you tell me what your
>>symptoms were, and your cure (a code snippet, preferrably)?
>>

>The real cure is to replace the chips by working ones. The hack is to

I would love to do that, but the flash is wire-bonded to the processor
in a single package -
My nano-manipulators are on repair at the momen ;)

>mask out the simultaneous ops bit when reading the CFI features.

Tried that, but did not cure the whole problem: The chip reports read
errors when accessing certain
addresses (above 0x1000000, i get that ominous 0x00080 reads...). I
recieved another sample board,
will try if this problem persists  (as a side note: u-boot can access
the chip perfectly well... )
Simon