Jffs2 reports "Warning: DQ5 raised while program ...", Contiuously!

Sreecharan Sivadevuni mailsreecharan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 18 04:27:10 EDT 2006

Hi all,
         I am running JFFS2.1 on uClinux2.4.24. My flash chip is SST39VF6401B.
For all Write/erase/ (and may be also read) operations, the MTD drivers print the following warning message.

"Warning: DQ5 raised while program operation was in progress, however operation completed OK"

Is there any fix for the above warning message.

I am using JEDEC_PROBE.

The following is the code I have added in jedec_probe.c file to support above flash device.

{
         .mfr_id        = MANUFACTURER_SST,
         .dev_id        = SST39VF6401B,
         .name        = "SST 39VF6401B",