DiskOn Chip Millennium Plus 32MB + INFTL

Jeff Kalikstein jeff at kalikstein.com
Thu Jun 8 14:03:09 EDT 2006

I have a system with a DiskOnChip Millennium Plus and existing TrueFFS
filesystem.  In attempting to get this configuration working with Linux
2.6.16.20, I have tried both the "Self contained MTD
device driver" and the MTD NAND based driver.

Running INFTL on the self-contained driver complains that "INFTL no
longer supports the old DiskOnChip drivers loaded via docprobe.", and
the MTD NAND based driver complains that "DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
32MB is not supported, ignoring.".

Is it possible to run INFTL on a DiskOnChip Millenium Plus 32MB?  I
found an old mailing list post from  2005 that  suggested that there was
a patch to support the mp32 to the MTD NAND based driver, so I was
surprised to not see it in the latest linux 2.6 release.