[Yaffs] bit error rates --> YAFFS for devices with no OOB

Jon Masters jonmasters at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:12:45 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Charles Manning <manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> OK, I'll start investigating an OOB-less YAFFS and give that a priority
> depending on the amount of interest. Hint to everyone: If this sounds
> interesting, respond (on or off list), especially if you'd like to be
> involved in some way.

I'd like to play with this, but I need to pick up a board for myself
before I do much more YAFFS work - all the existing stuff was done on
boards in the Monta office.

> I think a final solution that exploits OOB if it is available but will work if
> OOB is not available would be best.

Per my last mail, I think that's the best solution. Might take a bit
of work on MTD too.

Shove stuff my way please Charles and if I'm not frantically writing
chapters then I'll take a look :-)

Jon.