OneNAND: Update OOB free table

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Fri Dec 22 04:17:25 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 01:52 +0000, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Okay, I understand the MTD_OOB_AUTO concept. but now JFFS2 only use the MTD_OOB_PLACE.
> so JFFS2 skip the ecc position for backward compatibility.
>
> Now OneNAND don't support MTD_OOB_AUTO, but if the jffs2 supports the this one. I will support it.
> I think it's more reasonable to handle oob in driver level instead of filesystem.

I take care about this in JFFS, you take care in OneNAND, OK?

> Actually, I'm not sure where's the right place. But if we don't touch the watchdong.
> it will soft lockup when mounting the JFFS2 with big partition. (I just borrowed it from nand.)

Anyway, you should not touch watchdog. You problem is fixed by adding
cond_resched() at the right places. What you did - you shut up watchdog
which screamed about a real error, instead of solving the error.

I have prepared a patch - it is in my dedekind-mtd-2.6.git GIT tree. It
is also attached.

> No, I used it in infradead.org. but I just used for commit.

Cool.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)