Transfer rates with NAND

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Thu Dec 21 06:44:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I am wondering which NAND transfer rates are seen in embedded Linux
projects. What to expect from the whole hardware/software subsystem?
I have one Geode LX design with CS5536 companion chip which by using
built-in 8-bit Flash controller on PCI bus gives me slightly over 2MB/s.
It's almost the same with Linux MTD driver and with a self-made basic
driver. Is the speed here the matter of flash controller only? Which is
the fastest flash controller out there? :)

thanks in advance,
Indrek