Eraseblocks torture: OneNAND results

Kyungmin Park kyungmin.park at samsung.com
Fri Dec 8 02:42:25 EST 2006

Hi Artem,

> 2. There is a "check" module option which is enabled by default. It
> slows the test down considerably. So I recommend to disable checking at
> first, run the test for, say 4 million erase cycles, then re-run it with
> checking enabled. So that you first screw up the eraseblocks, then you
> start checking data. There is a handy "cycles_count" option.
>
> 3. By default the test tortures 32 eraseblocks. You may configure this
> via a module parameter. Just glance inside of the torture.c.

Yes I already modified the source for my environment. and also add check initial bad block.

in tort_init()

       while (1) {
                int i;

                for(i = eb; i < eb + ebcnt; i++) {
                        err = ebtest(i);
                        /* Skip initial bad block */
                        if (err == -EFAULT)
                                continue;
                        if (err)
                                break;
                }

in ebtest()

        err = mtd->erase(mtd, &ei);
        if (unlikely(err)) {
                printk(PRINT_PREF "error %d while erasing EB %d\n", err, ebnum);
                /* Initial bad block case */
                if (err == -EIO)
                        err = -EFAULT;
                return err;
        }

> P.S.: Test git: git://git.infradead.org/~dedekind/torture.git

I already downloaded it.

After weekend test. I will send the results.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park