Upgrading mtd-utils in uClinux.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 1 06:21:22 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 07:58 -0500, Glen Johnson wrote:
> Ricard Wanderlof wrote:
> > Unless someone here has had this specific problem, some form of output
> > from the compilation indicating what is going wrong would be helpful.
> >

> Yes, of course.  I have a couple more direct question. First, I found
> the mtd-utils code is not properly using zlib.
>
> m68k-elf-gcc -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,-elf2flt -Wl,-move-rodata
> -msep-data -o mkfs.jffs2 crc32.o compr_rtime.o mkfs.jffs2.o compr_zlib.o
> compr.o -L/home/glen/src/c/linux/uClinux-dist-20060803/lib/zlib

No '-lz' on this command line -- you're not actually asking it to link
against zlib. Thus is doesn't find any of zlib's symbols.

> warning: .rodata section contains relocations

I've no idea what this is about. Perhaps the function pointers in the
jffs2_zlib_comp compressor structure?

mkfs.jffs2 builds fine for me for FR-V uClinux, although that's
ELF-FDPIC not flat. Are the relocations in .rodata actually a problem?
Doesn't m68k have ELF-FDPIC yet?

> Secondly, once I get the code to compile it appears I still need to add
> a section to the Makefile to install the files into the romfs image.
> Can I just pull this out of the old mtd-utils/Makefile or what?
> Suggestion's/recommendations?

Something wrong with 'make DESTDIR=/foo install' ?

--
dwmw2