[HOWTO] Using git for mtd

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Apr 23 08:23:42 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 14:17 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> On Sun, 23 April 2006 13:08:33 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> >
> > Probably best to explain _why_ we're asking people to refrain from just
> > cloning git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6.git
>
> Because you are a cheap bastard and count every single byte, of
> course. ;)

That and the fact that you IBMers managed to put pentafluge into swap
death when you were trying to clone trees from it. There's another
512MiB of RAM being delivered to the site within the next few days, and
hopefully I can get it installed during the week too. After that,
cloning directly from pentafluge ought to be a little saner. The network
still isn't great though, iirc.

--
dwmw2